Q: I am getting the Engine Check sign in my 2008 Audi A4

engine check sign is on. checked with advance auto parts and they said it have to do something with thermostat or thermostat censor. I have Audi 2008 A4 2.0 Quattro.

Please advise should i have to replace thermostat or thermostat censor.

The best bet would be to replace both components at the same time. The thermostat comes integrated into a molded plastic unit and the temperature sensor is usually mounted on or near the unit which would not take much extra labor to replace since they are generally very close to each other. The customer service personnel are in no way professional technicians so take their advice with a grain of salt. You should have an experienced technician like one form YourMechanic who is trained in the maintenance and repair of vehicles to take a closer look at the check engine light and offer a personal diagnosis.

3. I am getting the Engine Check sign in my 2008 Audi A4