Q: I am getting a strange sound while switching the car A/C on.

I am getting a strange sound while switching the car A/C on.

Hi there. There could be three different things that could make sounds when turning on the A/C. Check the belt for it being loose or damaged. Check the clutch pulley for any damage or noise admitting from it and see if it is freezing up or broken. Then check the fan motor or squirrel cage for any damage within the cabin department. Replace the parts that are making the noise. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location and inspect the strange sounds with the A/C firsthand.

3. I am getting a strange sound while switching the car A/C on.