Q: I am Eric. my car's engine power goes off when i slow down and want to apply the accelerator again

for about a week now, my kia rio ;2004 model is not function well just because the engine power goes off when i slow down and would want to apply the accelerator again

Hi Eric. In many cases, when you apply pressure to the throttle and engine seems to cut off it is because one of two problems. Either the engine is getting too much fuel but not enough air (meaning the fuel to air ratio is too rich) or the ignition system is not supplying enough spark to ignite the fuel or sending the spark at the wrong time (which would be an ignition timing problem). When you have a problem like this that could be caused by multiple component failures it is always best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your problems so they can make the right repairs to get your Kia running strong again.

• I am Eric. my car's engine power goes off when i slow down and want to apply the accelerator again