Q: I am doing the water pump. first 5 bolts came off. the middle driverside bolt is blocked by a bracket. how do I get bracket off?

I am doing my water pump. The middle driverside bolt is blocked by a bracket. How do I remove that bracket? It seems that it is merely a stud that the water pump is on, because I was able to remove the nut. Please help.

I would recommend looking all around the bracket for all mounting hardware that attatches it to the engine. Once all mounting hardware has been found, you can then loosen and remove the mounting hardware in order to remove the bracket. Once the bracket has been removed, you should then be able to remove your water pump. If you are in doubt about this repair, I would recommend seeking the assistance of a certified mechanic.

• I am doing the water pump. first 5 bolts came off. the middle driverside bolt is blocked by a bracket. how do I get bracket off?