Q: I am curious what the estimated parts and repair cost would be on the following for a 2008 Beetle Convertible: Trunk Harness

I am curious what the estimated parts and repair cost would be on the following for a 2008 Beetle Convertible: Trunk Harness
Vacuum pump/ Oil leak Rear brakes Strut mounts CV Boots Fuel tank and EVP canister.
Trying to decide if should just sell or get these fixed. Thanks so much!

Hi there. What you are listing would most likely cost more than $2,000 if all service were completed. The general rule of thumb is to determine the blue book estimated value of your vehicle first. Once you’ve determined what you could possibly get for your vehicle by either trade-in or selling it privately. What I do then is take a look at the overall cost of repairs, and then compare against the repair costs. If the cost of repairs is more than 50% of the value of your vehicle, it’s best to replace the vehicle.

3. I am curious what the estimated parts and repair cost would be on the following for a 2008 Beetle Convertible: Trunk Harness