Q: I am considering buying a vehicle with high mileage, do you have an opinion about high mileage vehicles?

The vehicle I am looking at is a 2007 Toyota Tundra with 233,500 miles. Everyone tells me that it's too many miles however everyone also says that Toyotas run forever if taken care of. This Toyota looks well taken care of and is at a dealership that has done an inspection on it. Carfax shows clear with good service records.

For a vehicle with this many miles you should have an inspection done on your end by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to do a pre-purchase inspection to make sure you are not wasting money on a vehicle that could be falling apart. This will guide you in making an informed decision and not based on opinions without even looking at the vehicle in depth and going on reputation alone.

• I am considering buying a vehicle with high mileage, do you have an opinion about high mileage vehicles?