Q: I am advised to change brake pads. Do I also need to get rotors turned?

I have 2013 Lexus RX350 with 52000 miles. I bought it used from dealer when it had 40,000 miles. Now it has 52,000 miles and I am advised to change front brakes. I bought front brake pads from Lexus dealer and planning to get it installed. Do I need to get rotors turned? I was asked my parts department of Lexus if mechanic will be turning rotors or not.

A: Hey there. You should have the rotors resur...

Hey there. You should have the rotors resurfaced or replaced if cutting them takes the surface below the minimum thickness. If you would like to have the brake pads and rotors repaired for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to have this done.