Q: I accidentally put ethanol in my old truck, now has problems accelerating and losing power.

I have since then ran two cans of sea foam ,one can of Berrymans, a fuel filter and a bottle of ethanol stabilizer. I have also been running premium gas. It idles fine, but once you accelerate in cuts out and falls on its face. I would appreciate any help

Hello. The problem with ethanol in older vehicles, particularly those with metal gas tanks is it tends to "clean" things up.

"Clean" in this case means setting loose any dirt, corrosion, etc., that accumulates in the tank and fuel system over the years. Changing the fuel filter again, and probably a couple of times over a few weeks or a month or two may help catch all that debris before it gets to the injectors.

Borrow or rent a fuel pressure gauge/tester kit and connect it to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. Pressure at idle should be 12-15 psi. Any lower and you will still have a restriction in the system. Have someone put it in Drive, and with their left foot on the brake pedal, give it some gas. If the fuel pressure drops, you may still have debris blocking the fuel filter. For help having the acceleration problem resolved, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the system and perform any needed corrections.

3. I accidentally put ethanol in my old truck, now has problems accelerating and losing power.