Q: Hyundai Accent 2003 grinds when steering left or going straight.

Over the past months, I've been hearing this grinding noise that i can physically feel in the whole car when i turn left or even when im going straight. Turning right solves the grinding until i have to turn the wheel left again. The brake pads are fine, we changed them less than a month ago and they work like a dream but the grinding continued. On top of that, the left front tire is worn out on the inside under the fender, exposing the mesh underneath the rubber. Any insight is appreciated. UPDATE power steering fluid is full.

Among the likely causes of this sort of noise are the outer CV axle joint and/or the wheel bearing. You describe the noise as clear and obvious and thus the mechanic should be able to pinpoint it very readily on inspection. Whether the fault is in the wheel bearing or the axle, both are commonplace repairs that can be performed right at your location if you desire. If you request a noise/vibration diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would evaluate all the possibilities and resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hyundai Accent 2003 grinds when steering left or going straight.