Q: Hydrolocked...

i drove though some high water and it stalled, i think it was hydrolocked We took the front 3 plugs out and had to remove a few things to get the back 3 out. Cant really see any water, cant get it to turnover and there is no water in the oil... All power seems fine until i turn the key... Please help, I am a at home dad watching my wife have to walk to work sucks man.... :( Could it be the starter?

Hey, thanks for writing in. You need to try to turn over the engine by hand at the front pulley using a socket and breaker bar to see if engine will turn with the spark plugs out.

If the engine cannot be turned then you have bent the rods in the engine. This is because the water could not be compressed and the piston rods are the first thing to bend. You will need to replace the motor if this is the case.

If you can turn the motor over with the breaker bar in a clockwise rotation more than one complete turn then try and use the starter to turn over the motor. If starter will not turn motor then it may be burned out and need to be replaced to get engine to turn. If you can get it to turn with starter now then install plugs and see if it starts.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you home and diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair. Best of luck.

3. Hydrolocked...