Q: Hydraulic problem with convertible top

I am having problems with the hydraulics for the convertible top.

The Saab electro-hydraulic convertible top for 2005 uses 10 sensors and a hydraulic unit that employs 3 solenoids for various hydraulic operations and one STC control unit (convertible top computer) that reads the various sensors and actuates the various solenoids. The STC unit reads the sensors from start to finish during top operation to determine the position of the top. If one sensor is not reading properly then the entire system will cease to operate. Because of the complexity of the system, without being able to see the sensor data it will be difficult to diagnose the convertible top system. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, who will not only have the equipment to read information from the convertible top module but will also know the statuses of the sensors during each step of operation.

3. Hydraulic problem with convertible top