Q: Hydraulic Fan

Hey i have a jeep grand cherokee 2005 limited 5.7l and it has a hydraulic fan. The fan works fine and i recently just put a new power steering pump in and now is the fan that is over accelerated and noisy. Do u guys now what i should do or how do i fix it?

If the fan goes to 100 percent but does not reduce speed then the fan control module assembly needs to be replaced as an assembly as no parts are serviceable. A bad power steering pump may pass debris into the fan module valves and cause them to stick. The fan valve is not serviceable and the fan assembly needs to be replaced as an assembly. If you want this looked at first, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your A/C system in order to make the correct repair.

3. Hydraulic Fan