Q: Hybrid car won't turn on to drive

My hybrid battery had started to die, so we replaced the hybrid to a new used battery ourselves. It ran fine for a day. The engine turned on and the battery behaved perfectly. Next day it turned on to the ready mode but the engine didn't turn on, could not switch gears. We replaced the 12v battery with a new one and it did nothing. We replaced the old hybrid battery and same result. What went wrong? Why won't it turn on all the way? We have a code reader and it so far coming up with NO codes. I'm wondering if something was disconnected or not connected right when installing/removing hybrid battery?

Hi there. Unfortunately, we don’t service hybrid vehicles for exactly the reason’s you’ve described above. Hybrid vehicles have very complex electrical and power supply systems, which is why it’s always recommended to have a hybrid specialist mechanic or Toyota certified hybrid mechanic complete the battery service. I would recommend contacting a hybrid specialist mechanic to determine why you’re having these issues. Sorry we can’t help.

3. Hybrid car won't turn on to drive