Q: Huge oil leak for NO reason?

I was just driving (took the car out without permission), but I'm a great driver. When I came home I found a huge oil leak for no apparent reason. No crashes, nothing went wrong.

There are quite a few oil seals on an engine that could leak. If the front crankshaft seal tore or was pushed out that could create a large sudden leak. That seal is not difficult to replace though. It’s possible the oil pressure switch is leaking or perhaps the oil filter is leaking. Certain seals are inaccessible unless the engine is removed, notably the rear crankshaft seal. Of course, the oil leak should be repaired because not only will you be constantly losing oil that will have to be replaced, but leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. If you want the source of the oil leak identified and the repair estimated, simply request an oil leak diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Huge oil leak for NO reason?