Q: How to turn reverse beep off

Can't turn of the reverse beep on my German Toyota Prius 2004. Tried it via the manual on this website. But won't get b- off on my display. What can I do?

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. When it comes to removing the beep for letting the driver know that the transmission is in reverse, the timing for removing the beep is crucial. Press on the brake an hold it. Press the start button and start the engine. Push the odometer button until it reads ODO on your dash. Press the start button again and stop the engine. Now push on the start button again and start up the engine again. Press on the odometer button and hold it. With the brakes pressed and the odometer button pressed, put the transmission in reverse and then press the park button. Release the odometer button when the park button has been pressed. Now press the odometer button a few times until the letter b shows up on the dash wit b - off. This will disable the beep for good, unless you disconnect the battery, then you will have to do this again. If you need assistance with the beep issue, then seek out a professional, preferably from YourMechanic to help you with your vehicle.

3. How to turn reverse beep off