Q: How to test rear brake caliber

Just purchase this car. Rear caliber on both sides are not compressing. Front is fine. Brake fluid is reaching both calibers but they do not compress. Just wanted to know if any thing I should check before I buy new calibers. Like I said both sides are getting fluid. Just find it odd that both would be bad at the same time. Any thing else I can check before I purchase the new ones? Thanks Alan

Try applying the parking brake and see if the caliper piston moves. If the caliper piston moves, then there is a blockage inside the calipers where the lines connect. If the caliper pistons do not move, then the caliper pistons are stuck and need replaced. If you need further assistance with your brake calipers, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How to test rear brake caliber