Q: How to test front brake calipers and flexible hose for failure.driver side shoe not xacly hold back but not withdrawn fully away f

Front driver side shoe not fully withdrawn from rotor but not holding enough to cause it pull or over heat to bad .how do I test calipers and flexible hose for failure

Here’s how to determine if the caliper or the hose is the issue.

• Open/loosen the brake fluid reservoir cap
  • Loosen the bleeder screw on the caliper you suspect is bad. Using a screwdriver wedged between the rotor and the caliper, try to slide the caliper. If fluid comes out of the bleeder screw and the caliper moves freely, then the brake hose is your problem. If a little fluid comes out and the caliper moves but not very easily, then both the caliper and the hose may be at fault. Not an everyday occurrence but it’s been known to happen. If barely any fluid comes out and the caliper does not move, then the caliper is your problem.

While not absolutely necessary, rule of thumb for me has always been, if you’re replacing the caliper, replace the hose too. Odds are they are both the same age.

• How to test front brake calipers and flexible hose for failure.driver side shoe not xacly hold back but not withdrawn fully away f