Q: How to stop gas leakage from going into carburetor

Gas is boiling and leaking heavily through fuel filter. Starts normally, but won't drive very far at all. Smoking heavily out of exhaust pipe when running. Edelbrock carburetor

Hi there. The excessive fuel into the carburetor would account for not being able to drive very far and heavily smoking from the exhaust. Two things come to mind, a sunk carburetor float(s) and/or float needle & seat not sealing. Either way, a carburetor overhaul is in order. Carburetor kits and floats are available through Edelbrock. Unfortunately, finding a knowledgeable technician to perform this service may prove to be difficult. I recommend having your vehicle’s fuel leaking issue diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.