Q: How to revive car been stored for three years, cannot start, inspect, new batter, drain fluid and gas, etc?

How to revive car been stored for three years, cannot start, inspect, new batter, drain fluid and gas, etc? How to book this via YourMechanic?

The first thing to do is to have all of the old fuel removed, since the fuel in the tank may have gone bad which can congeal up inside the fuel tank. The fuel tank should be inspected by pulling the fuel pump out of the fuel tank, by doing so you will be able to see if it will need to be flushed and if the fuel pump needs to be replaced. If the fuel tank itself has any rust build up inside, then the tank may need to be replaced if it cannot be flushed out. This may require the fuel tank to be removed from the car.

Once the fuel tank is clean and the fuel pump checks out, the fuel filter should be replaced and the fuel system may need it’s lines flushed out. When this is done, the vehicle may be ready to start up to see if the fuel injectors will flow fuel or if it will need to be replaced.

You’ll also need to replace the battery and check that all the fluid levels are full for now. After doing this, try and start the vehicle. If the vehicle starts then let it run for a while, until the engine comes up to operating temperature, to make sure the cooling system is okay and does not overheat. If engine runs good then you should have the vehicle inspected if it needs a new timing belt, accessory belts, tires, and fluids like coolant and oil. The brakes need to be checked as well to see if they need to be replaced from sitting for three years.

You can contact a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic to come and do an overall inspection of your vehicle to quote everything that needs to be done to make the car road worthy again. However, depending on the vehicle’s shape and cost of the repairs needed, the car may not be worth repairing. Have a look at this estimator page for a Toyota Camry you’ll get an idea of the cost and you can also book a quote from this page as well.

3. How to revive car been stored for three years, cannot start, inspect, new batter, drain fluid and gas, etc?