Q: How to properly use a car seat?

How to properly use a car seat?

A: It’s vital for parents to master the use of...

It’s vital for parents to master the use of car seats in any vehicle. The rules are relatively simple though:

• If you have an infant, s/he must be in a rear facing car seat in the back seat of the Accord. This may be a dedicated rear facing seat, or a convertible seat in the rear facing position.

• Never turn a rear facing seat forward – they are not designed to protect your child in any position but rear facing.

• Rear facing car seats can be placed anywhere in the back seat so long as they can be secured properly with a seat belt.