Q: How to prevent car theft after key theft

Keys were stolen and car broken into at gym. Thief still at large and has keys. To prevent theft of car, would installing remote engine kill switch be a good idea?

Sorry to hear that your keys were stolen. An engine kill switch would not be a bad idea to have installed. The best way to prevent the theft of your vehicle would be to have your ignition lock cylinder replaced with a new one. This will come with a new key and it will be programmed to your vehicle if your key has a chip. If not, the key will be cut differently anyway so the old key will no longer be able to start the vehicle. Another more inexpensive way to prevent your vehicle from being stolen would be to remove the battery every night and take it inside with you. The car won’t go anywhere without a battery.