Q: How to power subwoofer's to the battery?

We are tying to install some subs in my chevy cobalt. When installing, we tried connecting to the back battery and it would not turn on. We also have jump started another car using the front battery but was unable to find a way to pull the wire through to the hood. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there. When routing the wiring to the engine compartment, you will need to drill a hole in the firewall under the dashboard to send the wires to the battery in the engine compartment. The subwoofer (amplifier) should have a ground, a power, and a remote wire. The ground is to the ground of the vehicle. The power is to the battery with a fuse link of 30 amps or more, and the remote wire is to the power wire on the radio with power on when the radio is on. I also recommend putting is a switch under the hood to disconnect the power to the amp if you need to disconnect it for some reason. If you need further assistance with installing a subwoofer, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How to power subwoofer's to the battery?