Q: How to fix the flickering cluster light issue

My Nissan Maxima got a new stereo installed by a friend of mine. When it got installed somehow someway the cluster lights that show me my mph gas level and everything now doesn't work and I drive in the dark with no interior lights on the cluster panel. When I removed the stereo and stuck my hands back behind it and mess with cables it flickered the cluster Light Panel on but no longer does that anymore and I can't figure out how to fix it can someone please help me

A: Hello. It sounds like he may have damaged s...

Hello. It sounds like he may have damaged some of the wiring connections behind the dash. If the harness is pulled on when installing the stereo then this will occur. It is important that these wires are not moved during the installation of a radio. At this point the only way to access these wires is to either remove the dash assembly or to remove the cluster to see if the wiring can be accessed. If you want to have this issue repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose what is going on with the electrical circuits and repair them.