Q: How to fix my draining battery

My battery keeps draining itself. I recently got a new battery and it only about 2 days and is now drained.What can be the problem?

A: Hi there. There are a few items that you mi...

Hi there. There are a few items that you might want to have checked out that may be causing the battery to drain prematurely. The first is the alternator. The alternator is designed to power the vehicle's components once the engine is running, but it's also responsible for charging the battery at the same time. If the alternator doesn't work, or one of the electrical connections is damaged, the vehicle and all accessories will run directly from the battery.

If you'd prefer, one of our local mechanics would be happy to complete a battery charging inspection to determine the source of your issues on your 1998 C280 Mercedes-Benz and help you fix it as necessary.