Q: how to clear diesel fuel out the motor

I was going to leave and i needed gas so i has a red gasoline can and it was full and so i poored it in the tenk and after i fired it up the truck started smoking and so i found out there is diesel fuel in the tank so i put some premium in there with to dilute it but i would fire up and shut back off so i cleaned the carb. out and fired it up now it will run a little but it will smoke like crazy and i wondered how i can clean the motor out.

A: Running the vehicle with part diesel can da...

Running the vehicle with part diesel can damage the engine so remove as much of the fuel as possible. That means that the fuel tank has to be drained as completely as possible. Obviously, when draining the fuel tank exercise extreme caution because you are still dealing with highly flammable and explosive gasoline which can be set off with even a stray static discharge. Inasmuch as YourMechanic does perform many fuel system related services, they could dispatch a certified professional to drain the tank for you and also resolve any start up issues should they arise. Simply contact YourMechanic if you desire to schedule that.