Q: How to clean automotive oil from the exterior surface of my car

Yesterday there was a car accident on the road next to my car, and today I noticed automotive oil stains on exterior surface of my car. What is the best way to rid of these stains?

Whether it is engine oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, or a/c compressor oil, the best thing to do is use ordinary car wash detergent mixed per the instructions with water. Once done, just wax the finish. If brake fluid got on the finish though or sulphuric acid from a burst automotive battery, those materials once removed can leave permanent marks on the finish. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.