Q: How should my car be towed to avoid damage?

How should my car be towed to avoid damage?

While it’s hoped that it won’t happen, it’s entirely possible that you’ll one day need to have your car towed. It might be the aftermath of an accident, or because of engine overheating, but no matter what the cause, you should understand how to tow your Accord. Honda specifies that only two methods can be used:

1. Flatbed – In this situation, the entire car would be loaded onto a flatbed tow truck and carried to its destination (a repair or body shop, for instance).

2. Wheel Lift – In this situation, the two front tires would be raised off the road, and the two back tires would roll along the pavement.

Honda doesn’t recommend any other towing method.

3. How should my car be towed to avoid damage?