Q: How should I test the ECT sensor's three terminals?

How to test engine coolant temperature sensor.It has three terminals? My car is kia sephia 2000, automatic transmission.

The ECT or engine coolant temperature sensor is tested by using a scanner to scan for codes and then monitor data from sensor to see if the temperature input from sensor matches the manual temperature check at the ECT sensor using a laser type temperature probe tester. If the temperatures match then it is okay. If they do not match then the connector is tested for 5 volt reference to sensor connector. If you have this then you test sensor return and sensor ground as per the pinpoint test. If all checks are good then replace sensor and retest and clear codes.

3. How should I test the ECT sensor's three terminals?