Q: how often should I change my transmision fluid

I am a low mileage driver ! the information out there is so vague How old can the fluid be 30,ooo = 5 years

A: The transmission fluid change interval is e...

The transmission fluid change interval is every 3 years or 30,000 miles. The reason they give a year amount and mileage is to have the fluid changed at 30,000 mile intervals for those drivers that drive a lot and travel this distance in a year or two. The 3 year interval is given for those drivers that may only drive 15,000 miles in 3 year period of time. The fluid over time will get dirty and retain moisture as the mileage increases. This is why the change interval is 3 years, 30,000 miles, which ever comes first.

If it’s time to get your fluid changed, consider contacting YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your and service your transmission fluid at your own convenience.