Q: How much would an axel repair cost on a 96 Dodge Intrepid?

My boyfriend just got into an accident with his 96 Dodge Intrepid its a front wheel drive and his front right side of the car is smashed in. We haven't taken it to a repair shop but the tow guy said it could be the starter and the front wheel axel and transmission plus the shock guard. I am not a car expert obviously, so I'm sorry for the vague description but I was hoping for a rough estimate on how much it will cost. We need to get it fixed right away but want to make sure it's worth taking it to get looked at because we have no way of transporting the car unless I get a tow truck. Thanks again for your help! -Kaley

3. How much would an axel repair cost on a 96 Dodge Intrepid?