Q: How much would an axel repair cost on a 96 Dodge Intrepid?

My boyfriend just got into an accident with his 96 Dodge Intrepid its a front wheel drive and his front right side of the car is smashed in. We haven't taken it to a repair shop but the tow guy said it could be the starter and the front wheel axel and transmission plus the shock guard. I am not a car expert obviously, so I'm sorry for the vague description but I was hoping for a rough estimate on how much it will cost. We need to get it fixed right away but want to make sure it's worth taking it to get looked at because we have no way of transporting the car unless I get a tow truck. Thanks again for your help! -Kaley

Hello. Accidents can be overwhelming. I hope things take a turn for the better for you two. I will ask customer service to send you estimate regarding the starter and the axle replacement, but I also think it’s a good idea to have your vehicle inspected by a technician to see exactly what your vehicle may or may not need. Providing an accurate estimate for a vehicle that’s been in an accident without actually seeing the vehicle can be challenging because of the wide range of complications that can occur. I believe it is best to have a technician look at the vehicle first hand determine the extent of the damage. The axle is generally one of the toughest parts in the suspension system. If that broke it is very likely that other smaller but equally important things broke such a tie rod. Our technicians here YourMechanic provide mobile repair to help save you that costly tow expense.

3. How much would an axel repair cost on a 96 Dodge Intrepid?