Q: How much wear denotes for a power steering belt change?

Recently I went to Jiffy Lube to have my oil changed and among a few other recommendations they recommended I change my power steering belt do to wear. I did not notice severe damage but I'm also not sure how much damage requires a belt change.

Hey there. The belt would need to be changed if it has signs of dry rot, cracks, or pieces of the belt missing. The mechanic will also note bad glazing on the belt surface. The last reason to replace the belt would be if it got contaminated with engine fluids like coolant, oil, or power steering fluid. If any of the above conditions are found then replace the belt. Consider getting a second opinion on the power steering belt to ensure that is really needs to be replaced.