Q: How much is a throttle body replacement on a 2004 Nissan altima

My car cranks but when I shift it into gear it won't move. I was told it was the throttle body. What how much does parts and labor for a job like that costs

Hello. Most of the time, the throttle body will not keep the vehicle from moving in drive. If the throttle body was the failure, then the engine would either have trouble idling or it may lack power. I have an expert do a full diagnostic on this car before changing anything. From my experience with this car, I would suspect a transmission failure. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the shifting problem and advise you on repairs. If you are still interested in an estimate for the throttle body, then you can visit our estimator page to get a free quote for your car.