Q: How long will a new spark plug last in a car with a leaking valve cover gasket?

I have a leaking valve cover gasket. I have to wait until next week to fix. If I put a new spark plug in it how long will it take to start misfiring again? I just wanna get through the week and spark plugs are affordable.

Hi There, The leaking valve cover gasket should not affect the spark plugs if repaired relatively soon. Spark plugs are very durable and able to withstand quite a bit of heat and abuse. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to replace your leaking valve cover gasket.

3. How long will a new spark plug last in a car with a leaking valve cover gasket?