Q: How long should a repair take

Hi. I was having trouble with the controls on my steering wheel, like the blinkers and windshield wipers not working. I took it to a Jeep dealer who said it was an instrument cluster, and that it would take over a month to fix. Is this a normal time frame, or should I be looking for someone else to fix my issue?. Thank you!

It will depend on the problem you have. If the instrument cluster needs repair, then it may need to be sent out to a separate repair facility to be repaired. This will take sometimes 4 to 6 weeks depending on the turnaround time for the repair. The cluster repair cannot be done by a mechanic in the dealer but a certified repair facility that is authorized to work on the odometer and speedometers.

3. How long should a repair take