Q: How does the Radio Data System work?

How does the Radio Data System work?

A: Your car is equipped with a pretty advanced...

Your car is equipped with a pretty advanced audio system. It’s capable of displaying a good deal of information about the stations you’re listening to (when listening to the radio, not a CD). The Radio Data System (RDS) provides this information and here’s how it works:

1. Press the setup button two times and then press the center of the main selector knob when you’re tuned to an RDS station.

2. The screen will show the name of the station as well as other information. Press the center of the knob again to turn off this feature.

3. Choose a music category to explore nearby stations with RDS enabled by pressing the back or play buttons. Seek and skip, as well as scan can be used to choose the station you want.