Q: How does the HandsFreeLink® system work?

How does the HandsFreeLink® system work?

If your car is equipped with Honda’s HandsFreeLink® system, you have access to a very convenient tool that allows you to connect your cell phone to your car’s audio system. You can take and make calls from the car without having to use the phone at all, which enhances both safety and convenience. Here’s how it works:

1. Use the “pick up” button on the steering wheel to answer a call.

2. Use the “hang up” button on the steering wheel to end a call. You can also use it to cancel a voice command.

3. Use the “talk” button on the steering wheel to call a phone number (one stored in the car’s system).

4. Use the “phone” button to bypass the voice command system and go straight to phone functionality.

5. Use the audio system’s selector knob to cycle through your options and then press the center button to select your choice.

Tips

• You must pair your phone with the HandsFreeLink® system for hands-free calling to work.

• Not all cell phones can be paired with the system.

3. How does the HandsFreeLink® system work?