Q: How does the battery-saving function work on the key?

How does the battery-saving function work on the key?

The electronic key automatic entry function will automatically disable under certain circumstances. The key does this so as not to waste battery life when it is not being used. There are two things that will cause the key to enter battery-saving mode:

1. If the key has not been used for its entry function in at least two weeks.

2. The electronic key has been within six feet of the vehicle (outside) for more than 10 minutes.

You can exit battery-saving mode, and return the electronic key to its normal operation in three ways:

1. Use the mechanical key to lock or unlock the car.

2. Use the door handle lock switch to lock the car.

3. Use the wireless remote control function to lock or unlock the car.

3. How does the battery-saving function work on the key?