Q: How does the auto door locking and unlocking work?

How does the auto door locking and unlocking work?

A: To improve safety when on the road, as well...

To improve safety when on the road, as well as easing the process needed to get out of the car, your Civic is equipped with an auto lock and unlock feature. Here’s how it works:

Auto Locking: Your doors will automatically lock when you reach 10 MPH. All the doors will lock. However, the driver and passenger front doors will still open with the handle, so be careful not to jostle them.

Auto Unlocking: Your doors are set to automatically unlock when you put the transmission in park. If you drive a stick shift model, the doors will automatically unlock when you turn the key back to ACC or off.

Tip

You can change the auto lock and unlock feature through the multi-information display system on your car, or through the master switch.