Q: How Does Summertime Heat Affect Engine Hoses?

How does summertime heat affect engine hoses?

3. How Does Summertime Heat Affect Engine Hoses?

Q: My mechanic says I need a throttle body with a vacuum hose for my 04 mercury mountaineer. I've found throttle bodies but none of them mention a vacuum hose.

Hi there. The best thing would be to check the throttle body that is currently on the engine. If the throttle body has vacuum hoses to it, then you would need to get a throttle body with a vacuum hose....

Q: What Causes Engine Hoses to Leak?

Hose leaks are caused by a variety of issues. The first of these issues is, of course, normal aging. As the hose material ages, it becomes weaker. The hose has been subjected to innumerable thermal cycles (heat up and cool...

Q: Q: Radiator

The lower radiator hose goes to the water inlet on the engine block. If there is a problem with any of the radiator hoses, or any part of the cooling system please feel free to request any of the cooling...