Q: How do you use the Rain-Sensing wipers?

How do you use the Rain-Sensing wipers?

If your car has Rain-Sensing wipers (not on all Fusions), you have a handy solution to having to turn your wipers on when it starts raining. This is more than just a convenience feature – it’s designed to help you keep your attention where it belongs, on the road. That enhances safety and eliminates one more distraction. Here’s how they work:

1. Make sure the ignition is on.

2. Turn the wipers on.

3. Choose one of the five sensitivity levels (you can turn the knob five times before you reach low).

4. You can change to Low or High at any time and disable the Rain-Sensing function.

5. Turn your wipers off when the rain stops.

Tips

• Wiper speed will vary based on the amount of rain/precipitation and the sensitivity setting you have selected.

• The rain sensor is on the back of the rearview mirror, so keep the windshield clean, particularly in this area.

• Using Low or High is recommended for snow or ice to eliminate smearing.

• Turn your wipers off before you take your car through a car wash.