Q: How do you use the “miles to E” feature in the message center?

How do you use the “miles to E” feature in the message center?

A: If you have a good idea of how much fuel yo...

If you have a good idea of how much fuel your car consumes on average, you can guestimate how much longer you have to drive before refilling based on the position of the fuel gauge. However, there’s a more accurate option – the message center in your car displays a miles to E reading.

Press the Info button until you see “miles to E” on the screen. The number displayed is an estimate of how much farther you can drive with the fuel left in the tank.

• The miles to E feature should reset when you fill up (only if the ignition is off).

• Once you pass a certain point, the Low Fuel Light will turn on in the dash and the message center will display “Low fuel level.”

• The distance shown in the readout is an estimate based on normal driving conditions. It is not 100% accurate.