Q: How do you use the map lights?

How do you use the map lights?

Your car is equipped with two map lights in the front. They’re designed to provide illumination for reading maps or other documents, or just for finding the phone you just dropped on the floor. Here’s how to use them.

1. Press up on the lens to turn the light on. Listen for the click and the light should come on.

2. Press upon the lens again to turn the light off. Listen for the click and the light should go out.

Tips

• Never use the map lights while driving.

• If the passenger uses the map light while the vehicle is on the road, it should be for a very brief period, particularly at night. It reduces the driver’s ability to see the road ahead.