Q: How do you use the headlights?

How do you use the headlights?

A: Being able to use the headlights on your ca...

Being able to use the headlights on your car is critical – they provide you with the visibility necessary for night driving, even in areas with plenty of street lights. Driving without your headlights on at night is illegal (and in some states, it’s illegal to drive in the rain without them on). Here’s how to work them:

1. Turn the headlight knob one time to turn on your running lights. This will also turn on other lights, including those in the interior instrument panel.

2. Turn the knob to the second position to turn on your low beams.

3. Push the switch forward to change from low beams to high beams.

4. Pull the switch backward to change from high beams back to your low beams.

Tip

Never drive with your high beams on if you are approaching traffic, or in an urban or suburban area with sufficient streetlights.