Q: How do you use a booster seat?

How do you use a booster seat?

Eventually, your little one will outgrow that car seat. However, they’re still too small to sit in the seat and use the seat belt like an adult. That means it’s time to invest in a booster seat. Here’s what you need to know about installing a booster seat in your car.

• Make sure the booster seat is suited for your child’s weight and height first.
  • Position the booster seat correctly in the seat.
  • Use the seat belt to secure your child and the booster seat.
  • The shoulder belt should fit properly – across the child’s chest and over the shoulder.
  • The lap belt should sit across your child’s hips, not the thighs.

Tip

Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for model-specific installation information.

3. How do you use a booster seat?