Q: How do you troubleshoot the power window switch?

How do you troubleshoot the power window switch?

A: While the power window switches in your car...

While the power window switches in your car are designed to provide pretty reliable operation, problems can happen. If you find that the auto-down function doesn’t work, there’s no need to panic. Chances are good that a simple fix will get things going again. Here’s how:

1. Turn the ignition to on.

2. Roll the down the window over halfway.

3. Pull up on the window switch. The window will roll up.

4. When the window is up, hold the switch for at least three seconds.

5. Let go of the switch and then press it down again. Engage the auto-down function and the window should work.

6. Repeat this process for the other side.

If the auto function still doesn’t work, your car will need to be inspected.