Q: How do you tell if the Personal Safety System™ is working?

How do you tell if the Personal Safety System™ is working?

The Personal Safety System™ is your car is designed to protect you and your passengers during impacts while on the road. Of course, you want to make sure that the system’s operational at all times. Here’s what you should know:

• If the Air Bag Light on the dash is flashing or lit up solid, the system should be inspected.

• If the Air Bag Light on the dash does not come on at all when you crank the engine, the system needs to be inspected.

• If you hear a sequence of five beeps, this is a warning that the Personal Safety System™ is not working properly and should be inspected.

Tip

If you notice any of the conditions listed above, your Personal Safety System™ may not work in an accident. Have it inspected immediately.

3. How do you tell if the Personal Safety System™ is working?