Q: How do you set up Bluetooth connectivity?

How do you set up Bluetooth connectivity?

The Bluetooth system in your car allows you to make calls without having to use the phone, which enhances safety while on the road. Of course, you have to set the system up first. Here’s how:

1. Turn the ignition on (or have the engine running).

2. Press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel.

3. Press the phone/end button.

4. Change the language if you prefer (English, Spanish or French).

5. Tell the system “connect phone.”

6. Say “add phone.”

7. Start the initiation method for your phone (usually just turning on Bluetooth and pairing with the system, but your phone may differ).

8. Name the phone.

Tip

The system may reject a name if it is too long, too short, or too similar to another name already stored in the system.