Q: How do you search through an imported phonebook in the HandsFreeLink?

How do you search through an imported phonebook in the HandsFreeLink?

A: If you have imported your cell phone’s phon...

If you have imported your cell phone’s phonebook to the HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system in your car, you can easily search it to find the name and number you want. To get started, all you need to do is:

1. Choose “search imported phonebook” from the navigation system’s menu.

2. Choose the phonebook you want to search (if multiple phone books have been transferred).

3. Enter the 4-digit PIN code (if the phonebook is encrypted).

4. Touch the navigation screen’s up arrow and put in the contact’s first or last name.

Tip

You can also show all the names in the phonebook as a list and choose the name you want. Just touch and release the talk button after selecting the person’s name.