Q: How do you reset the moon roof switch?

How do you reset the moon roof switch?

If your moon roof switch isn’t working quite right, you might assume you need to have it repaired. That might be the case, but you can try to reset it yourself. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Turn the key to on.

2. Push the switch toward the close/ tilt position.

3. Hold the switch.

4. The moon roof should tilt.

5. Let go of the switch and then press it again, holding it toward open once more.

6. The moon roof should hesitate, and then move backward.

7. Let go of the switch.

8. Push and hold the close/ tilt switch (within 5 seconds of releasing it) toward the open position again.

9. The moon roof should now move to the close position and the switch should function normally.

Tip

Your moon roof switch may need to be reset after having been taken out, having the motor replaced, having the glass adjusted, or having the battery replaced in the car.

3. How do you reset the moon roof switch?