Q: How do you reinstall a head restraint?

How do you reinstall a head restraint?

If you’ve had to remove your head restraints to fold your second row seats down or to haul cargo, you’ll eventually need to reinstall them to use the seats to carry passengers. Here’s how to reinstall your active head restraints:

1. Hold the head restraint over the top of the seat.

2. Make sure it’s facing the right way (the angle should be toward the front of the car).

3. Push in on the lock tab.

4. Slide the supports into their shafts.

5. Adjust the head restraint height for the person sitting in the seat.

Tips

• All of your head restraints reinstall in the same way.

• Always make sure that the head restraints are adjusted to the right height. The top of your head should be even with the top of the head restraint.